Friday, March 6, 2009

Adventures of Intern man - 2 : The DirecTV saga

I - man spots his next victim at the career fair. DirecTV was destined to a fateful meeting with I - man, it seemed.

As I walk towards the person who beckoned to me, the analytical skills of I - man inform me with 92.6 % certainty that the guy is a hardware person. A smile and a nod and a hello.

"Hi, I'm John, I'm with the software development group at direcTV, How are you doing today?"..........
Dang it!
Not to fear! I - man knows his way around with software too.

I- man : I'm looking for a summer int...
Software guy from DTV: How good are you at Java?
I- man : Never dunnit...
Software guy from DTV: Perl?
I- man : Errrrr....
Software guy from DTV: C/C++
I- man : (Strike 1 .. muhaahhahaa) Yeah. of course.. yes... that's right..
Software guy from DTV: Oh! good... Have you ever worked on multi - thread programming?
I- man : multi what? why?..

Awkward silence..........

I-man : C'ya...(right about turn .. forward march...develops into a steady jog... picks up speed and runs away as fast as possible).

Another adventure, another company, another day... another broken feather in I - man's cap.
Over and out.

2 comments:

shru.. said...

ohh i better start listening in C++ classes......:):)
lus love ur blog... awsomeee.. especially de eatable quotes......:):)
keep blogging.....
smthn to com ol for..:)

harsha kudoor said...

hey shruthi,

thanks for the comment... feels good to know that somebody even reads the stuff I write.. made my day

what have u been upto? how goes life? how is namma BMS?