Sunday, July 8, 2012

Leaving Bangalore

How can I tell you
About the cool evening breeze
That floats in through the window
Like a deep pleasant dream.

About how the sombre clouds
Burst open and cry for me
As if the merry birds did fly,
And bear tidings that I would leave.

Potted plants in the dusk do sway,
A sight so fine, I have to sigh
As red bricks turn redder still
From the rain that for once, lights a blazing fire.

The streets are alive with piquant nostalgia
As the smell of fresh bread wafts into the air
Oh how these corners dance with yesterday's pictures
Midst vendors and their varied fare

So many fond words, faces and memories
I need to leave behind yet again.
Damned be these farewells if they
Do not ride on the wings of pain.

Keep breathing, keep heaving dear bangalore,
Soaked in your spirit, may life sail on.
May laughter ring in your bittersweet streets
And adorn the veils of a sulking dawn.

No comments: