Tuesday, July 8, 2008

HOPE, I hope!!!

Beacons bright, beacons of light,
In tranquil darkness, stand tall,
As the weary wanderer, drifts along
Into a bright circle, a circle of light.

The crimson shade on the wanderer’s face,
Lights up a lamp deep within,
As he sights an old withered man,
With a wrinkled face and disheveled locks.

He stands against the welcome warmth,
As he slowly peers into the wanderers eyes.
An enchanting song, in a foreign tongue
Escapes the old man’s mirthless lips.

“Welcome to the realm of hope my friend
You are not the first one here,
Neither will you be the last one along,
For the world lacks no sorrow unhealed”

“I’m a trader of sorts, a mystery to some,
I wish to sell you a mirage tonight,
A mirage to sail you through this night,
A picture to heal your ailing heart”.

“Come one come all, to the realm of hope,
For its night and the paths are cruel again,
For the devil jeers at men again,
As the weak and hopeless writhe in pain”

“Let me sell you a mirage tonight,
I charge thee no nickel no bloody dime,
Trust is but my fare to thee,
In a world where gold speaks a brazen tongue”

“To all in pain and the suffering lot,
It’s a call to pierce the shrouding dark,
A call to hold on to splintered wood,
And wisps of light, in the ocean of fear”

“I stand to tell you a precious tale,
Of brighter days and light hearts,
And to make it all an act of faith,
I give thee a gift, not a commodity”.

3 comments:

Cheeku said...

Chappar.. gift sell madbeda.. hehe..
freeaage kodthiya antha gothu..but gift na sell antha yaak helde??
yen mam nin english levelu?? sooper da de..

harsha kudoor said...

he he he.. point noted your honour!! changes made...

Bharath Ranganathan said...

Incomprehensible...
It's so rhythmic and sublime...
AMAZING DA!