Thursday, July 3, 2008

Prisoner to A World of Ambitions

Had turned my mind and heart away,
Pretending to have forgotten,
The rustic paths where the trees sway,
And the painted sights of Eden.


A gust of wind and a dreamy sky,
Bring back the longing for a far off land,
And makes me wonder ever so why,
Should I be victim, at fate’s hand?


Fetters of the future, bind me here,
Holding me prisoner, when I should have been free.
When I should have been far away from here,
‘midst flowing streams and glad company.


Unfair options in an unfair world,
Arrest my steps, north - ward bound
Where the hills are high and the water’s cold
Where nature still sleeps, safe and sound.


Maybe I’ll go another day,
To the land of gods and golden peaks,
Maybe I’ll get past this worldly fray,
To a place where only the wind speaks.


But forever the lonely wanderer in me,
Shall live and live to see the light,
Streaming through a riddled tree,
Or in gleaming waters, swift and bright.

2 comments:

Shashank Bharadwaj said...

Maybe you'll go another day,

Maybe not, till then though,

May these
[1,2] pictures give you warmth!


[1]: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/29/59798397_fa90aa3e98.jpg

[2]: http://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/6575/23887/t/113810-Nanda-Devi-0.jpg

Bharath Ranganathan said...

Melancholic ecstasy :)

Please remove the word verification if you don't mind!