Sunday, March 21, 2010

Thinking on the move - the snap out

The fleet foxes were weaving their magic. Perception and reality never collided so violently ever before. The haze in my mind was begging me to let go. While the me; fettered to the iron pillar protested. "Stay, dont sway, stay, dont sway....." I seemed to chant. What appeared to be a split in the path from a few miles up the road, was drawing ever too close now. The harmonious words in the air fed my inner most desires. I concluded that I was still sane enough for the world when I found myself not being able to see how it could all happen; how it would all come to pass if I did not persevere now. I understood many things at that point of time, and it did not gush in like an epiphany, rather eased itself in, and lounged into my brain, waiting for my attention. The dream I had about an hour ago, did not seem to help. It almost felt like I had seen it all before. The street outside looked too proper with diffused sunlight sprinkling a feel good spirit on portland street. Yet again, I had warded off an attack from the brighter side.

Things will be different from now, I truly believe. I will need to use certain friends who do not frequent my mental cafe and I will need to keep them entertained, but for a short while. Once I get past the rapids, they'll stay on without persuasion. Tori Amos is now the entertainer. She croons to the magic of her own fingers; "Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high...." she sings. Music inspires me and is usually my first and last resort by default these days. But selfishness, in all its disguises is the best motivation a human can ever get. The pain in her voice completes the process and I am left staring at my laptop, no more an object demanding negligence, but a tool that will get me through the next few months, into the dreamed of life.

No comments:

Blog Archive