Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Basic doubts

Weary and lost -
Eyes bleary and dark.
What's my role here?
Where do I leave my mark?

No sudden reprieve
Or heroic demise.
Just the dull thudding
Of a spineless surmise.

Slipping away
Yes, I'm sliding on down.
Feeding on thought,
Yet eaten within and beyond..

Momentary lapse
Of a life force that wanes.
Only to materialize
As another victim of disdain.

Hopes and images
Flitting by fast.
Envy, my ride;
Faithful alibi, grandiose pride.

Worthless words
In an estranged mind.
Does it really matter
What I earn or who I find?

Crinkled skin and a life later
Where will my thoughts lie?
Will they let me think?
Won't I be free to fly?

1 comment:

maverick said...

Religion and Philosophy might confuse us with a lot of intimidating details.
Science tries to be more true. It does not assert anything on life.
As Richard Feymann says, we have to admit as of now, it is a purposeless universe. We can only hope something will crop up in future. Meanwhile one occupies with a job out of necessity or with interest. Eat, drink and be merry till then is the ideal. Ethics and freedom being the basics of life.